Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Week 5: P90X3 Weekly Progress and Update

          And it is here!!!! The moment you all have been waiting for (or maybe not). Last week, week #4 was the transition phase which is to sort of be what we like to call a "stretch" phase because you have been pushing hard and going further than use to. At the end of the phase marks 30 days since starting P90X3. The dreaded thirty day pictures, but to me I see it as progress a way to re-evaluate my goals I set for myself from Day 1.

I have to admit, I was starting to get a little frustrated with Tony because I felt like I truly was not making any progress. And I know towards the end of the week I wasn't giving my all because I was mad at myself and to be honest I am not really sure why. I started off strong day one because of the new program and I was excited and when I started to feel blah by the end of week four my mindset was just not with it. I was there, BUT really wasn't "there".


SO......
P90X3 Day 1
             
DUN DUN DUN........
     
P90X3 30 Day

To be honest I have not stepped on a scale. I did not even step on a scale when I first started, because I HATE seeing the number on the scale. Not because I think I am heavy or the number is too high, but because then I start to measure my progress by that instead of all the progress I have made or how I feel. I would rather have three pounds of muscle vs three pounds of fat. I can see my abs slowly starting to creep their way in on the top, the bottom part of my stomach is being a little stubborn, but nothing a little hard work & dedication can't fix. Also, I can see a difference between my side view picture. This is the reason why before, during, and after pictures are important. Because I was getting frustrated for not feeling progress but seeing it makes it that much more real you are!

Block two is by far really exciting.... I am not sure if it is because it is the start of a new phase or if it is because of the workouts. But none the less it's fun. It's exciting and another 30 days are about to start. I may not always feel 100%  but I can feel my arms getting stronger. I am able to more push-ups in full rather than breaking down to my knees, and my muscles are starting to tone up. It was nice to start a new week, which meant a new group of workouts, a change of pace and a way to keep you on your toes. And so far I have to say I like what I am doing. This block is a little more challenging than the first which I like. I want to push myself more, try different exercises.

Week 5: Block 2 Schedule

Monday- Eccentric Upper : you are slowing down each move, really focusing on the muscles. Upper is obviously all your upper body strength.

Tuesday- Triometrics : Old school plyo. This is far beyond just the jumping part, you are exploding into each move. Speed and power is your focus.

Wednesday- X3 Yoga : (still lovin' the feel good stretch in the middle of the week)

Thursday- Eccentric Lower : Lower is the same idea and concept behind it just like upper, but this is more focused on the lower half of your body; squats/lunges

Friday- Incinerator : BURN YOU OUT. You want to fail when you do this exercise, that means you pushed yourself to where you need to be. It determines your limits. Failure is the only option.

Saturday- MMX : You want the ultimate fighter workout?! Well you get it right here...thirty minutes of straight cardio, fighting, punching. Increase your heart rate and focus on your upper body strength, core, leg endurance, and even flexibility. But when I say you are going to fall right on the ground after this you will. And will you feel sore soon after and the next day...YES!

Sunday- Rest or Dynamix





I can't say I have been 100% on track with meal planning. I will be honest it is actually difficult. I really do make my food list and go to the store and buy all that stuff for the week. But it is hard because when I get home it usually is just me and the pets (because of the boyfriends work schedule). And I am not using that as an excuse, but I am only cooking for myself which just doesn't seem as "fun" for me. So I do make some recipes I have a game plan for here and there. But sometimes I want something healthy but quick. My go-to literally is my own version on stir-fry (brown rice, chicken/shrimp, load up on the veggies, and a little soy sauce for taste). Cheese makes me feel really bloated and blah so I tend not to eat it, but it literally is my weakness and this week I struggled with it....so next week I must try to kick it out of the plan. After dinner snacking is another thing that has really snuck up on me lately. I blame it on the cold weather and dreary days, although I know I can't it is my fault and easy to say no. I use to have a cup of tea when I started to get hungry and I have strayed away from that. I find that drinking a warm cup of tea: relaxes me and makes me sleep which in return I had to bed. So, I will have to start that back up again. Also, someone else mentioned brushing your teeth after eating...which I may just have to try.

You tend to stay on track all week & then the weekends come and you throw in the towel. This is the biggest mistake. Just because you are good during the week, does not mean you can eat whatever you want and sabotage your progress for the weekend. Because if you do, Monday comes again and you feel terrible and sluggish because you had all those drinks and you ate all the food you have tried to take out of your life. I am not saying eating healthy 100% of the time, because I do not, so if I would tell you too why would you listen. Plan to succeed. This is why meal planning is so important, because then you can plan what I like to call your cheat meal during the weekend if you choose. Or during the week: which I like to do when it is a special occasion or a celebration.



Now it is on to Week #6 time to change things I didn't like about this week. This I need to work on and re-evaluate. How am I doing? Are you liking this program so far and love following my journey? Do you need a little extra motivation and support?? I would love to take some time to sit down with you and answer any questions you may have. Or if you are interested in joining/learning about my next online accountability group fill out the challenge application below to be considered. Feel free to also e-mail me : alyssayourish@gmail.com


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo





 
                


No comments:

Post a Comment