Sunday, February 16, 2014

The 21 Day Fix: Week 1 and Nutrition Plan


21 Day Fix
 
 
Holla!!! The 21 day fix has arrived and I could not be any more excited. I have been waiting for this program & I literally always check my tracking number about four times a day to see when it will arrive. As most of you know I was tracking my weekly progress with P90X3. I was on Week 6 when the fix showed up at my door step. And I made the decision to stop X3 all together and focus solely on the fix :
1. Because I wanted to be able to provide insight & information .
2. My challenge group was starting one week from the release date and this was the first time I would be doing it with my challengers.
3. I wanted to focus on one program to track my results
4. Plus I needed a good kick in the butt. I was working out but to be honest my eating really fell off track.
 
I promise to get back to my X3 once I finish with my awesome challengers. I will have a clear mind and really know how to crack down on my eating. This is not a starvation diet, you are eating REAL food and HEY if you want to have a glass of wine, you sure can do it!
 
I received my program the Friday after I ordered it and really sat down Saturday afternoon to really read and get to know what to expect. I am in the 1,200 to 1,499 calorie range! That gives me 3 green (veggies) 2 purple (fruits), 4 Red (protein) 2 Yellow (starchy carbs) 1 Blue (nuts, ect) 1 Orange (nuts and dressings) 2 spoons (nut butters, olive oil).   


This program is literally written out for you and there is no science for you to figure out. They have done all the hard work, all you have to do is figure out your calorie in take and which foods you are going to eat each day and when. There are separate pages of foods listed for each container. SEE WHAT I MEAN!!! It is literally that simple. Go to each page and make sure you know which food groups go into which container and what you can choose from. It also lists each food from most important (better for you) to the least important. You can choose the food listed at the bottom of the page, but those ones are just listed at the bottom because they are less
nutritious. But you also do not want to choose all the foods at the top, you want to choose a variety because you want to give your body a variety of those nutrients. You don't not have to eat out of each of those containers, just put it in your container and portion it up. Then I suggest you put your food on the plate and really visualize it. When putting your food in the containers, it really does not seem like a lot and you may think to yourself you might just be starving. BUT.....if you see you are still getting a TON of food and you are FULL.

 
Now, the plate up above is a little big, but it's the only one I had clean (have to do the dishes LOL). But this is 2 RED- shrimp & fish, 1 GREEN- veggie stir fry, 1 YELLOW- brown rice. This was plenty for me and I wasn't hungry after where I thought I needed to late night snack. This program is TOTALLY genius.  Are you a wineo? Yep, you sure can have a glass of wine. Wine = a yellow container, but you can only have it 3 times a week.
 
Want to go out to eat? There is a spot in the book where it gives you meals and pairs it with the containers you can substitute it out. But you have to decide if you want to do that and is it worth it. A sweet treat you can have one of those as well. Shakeology equals out to one red container.
 
I am a visual person so when it comes to tracking there are tracking sheets in the back of the book and you can also find them on the beachbody website. I noticed it really got difficult if you were not tracking everyday which color container. You have to find a way that is going to be easy for you and work.
 
 
 
Day 1 was not as bad as I thought it would be. I was just hungry, but you really do not realize how much through out the day that you mindless snack. It was an adjustment from eating way to many calories to really focusing on many I actually should be eating. But honestly, after that I have been fine. I really have been focusing on my water every time I feel like I am hungry, usually it is me just being dehydrated. Drinking your water is something you must do. I will tell you when I do not have enough water I start to get a headache. Of course you have those days where you really crave chocolate or even something as little as a pretzel, because let me tell you I love my pretzels. But I feel great, I have energy, and I do not feel bloated.
 
 
 
Let me just tell you, these workouts are not easy peasy. Autumn really knows how to kick your butt and make you sweat. (in a good way) annnnnnd make you feel sore for days and days after. Yes, these workouts are for everyone & anyone but add weights to the moves and you are working harder than anything else. There was not one day of workouts I did not like. I loved them all and I am completely obsessed with this program. And all that is needed is a light set of dumbbells or resistance band.
 
Monday - Total Cardio Fix
Tuesday - Upper Fix
Wednesday - Lower Fix
Thursday - Pilates
Friday - Cardio Fix
Saturday - Dirty 30
Sunday - Yoga
 
Whoop Whoop GAME ON BABY!!!!!! The 21 Day Fix....week one is over. And I am feeling stronger than ever. I am learning things about myself and have realized I have over ate for way too long, which is why the last 10-15 lbs were just not coming off.
 
So we are up and at 'em tomorrow morning to kick off Week 2 STRONG.
 
Do you need accountability? Extra motivation and support? If you want to be considered for my next test group, please feel out the application below to be considered. If you are ready to begin your journey and  set yourself up for success now is the time. Jump start to a healthier version of you.


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo


 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment