Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Weekly Update: Week 3 T-25




Plank Taps

Weekly Schedule :

Monday- Total Body Circuit
Tuesday- Speed 1.0
Wednesday- Lower Focus
Thursday- Cardio
Friday- Total Body Circuit & Ab Intervals

Ahhhhh! Another week has come and gone. Can you believe it? I know I can't. It seems like I just started this program, and it is flying by. The whole month of September is flying by and soon another month will have come and gone. Time flies by way too fast, it is gone in a blink of the eye.

 
 
I really loved working out this week. I know you are probably thinking about is that possible when last week was just an EPIC fail and I was just struggling all over the place. But I went into week 3 with a positive mindset. I have been getting up each day, looking at myself in the mirror and saying just go further than you did before. Do one extra push-up or burpee and you have made progress. So that is exactly what I did.
 
 So, total body circuit is something I just have not been able to like, because it is not just one particular body area you are working. You are working every single part, from top to bottom- in twenty-five minutes (can you imagine how intense)?? Lunges have never been a friend of mine and there are some MAJOR lunges. Short lunges, deeper lunges, pulse lunges, and then you hold your lunge without pulsing. Talk about a BURN!!  Next on the list are oblique push-ups. Where has my muscle strength gone. I feel so weak when it comes to these, but I start on my feet for rep #1 and then drop to my knees when I have too. (Hey, I am a work in progress). A positive from last week, is I did a TON better with spider push-ups. (pat on the back for me).
 
I have not stepped on the scale since starting my journey. I don't want to, because sometimes the scale tends to get in our minds. But I can tell you that since starting, I feel lighter, no bloating, and overall better!!
 
 
Speed 1.0 remember when I said I wasn't an athlete, well I really am not. But I can say I decided to focus on my speed with my feet over mastering the moves perfect with both hands & feet. If I tried to focus on both I would end up thinking too much and trip over my feet. My cross jacks got a little bit better, but then my squat-thrust crossovers I just couldn't keep up with the fast pace as Shaun T was doing. This burnout was particularly longer than any other burnout. Nine minutes TOTAL. When I say there are no breaks there are NO breaks.
 
An important part of a workout routine is your nutrition. It makes it easier each week to succeed if you sit down and plan out your meals. This gives you any excuse to fall off plan. If you follow your meal plan you are giving yourself no reason but to succeed. Sit down and plan all your meals out for the week. Once you do that make your list and head to go food shopping. When you get home prep all your food. Cut up fruits and veggies, cook off your chicken, put your snacks in portioned baggies so it is just a grab and go. Have food with you in your car in case you get stuck at work late one night or even in traffic. Set yourself up for success, don't set yourself up to fail!
 
 
 
Try new recipes. Look for your favorite "unhealthy" recipe and look for a healthier version. Usually it is only one simple ingredient. For example, most people mix tuna fish with mayo. Instead of using mayo next time you make your tuna fish swap it out for plain Greek yogurt. Half the calories, but still tastes just as good.
 
 
Are you  struggling with creating your own meal plans and are looking for a Beachbody Fitness Program to get you back on track - Let's have a conversation. I would love to help you during your own personal journey. We all have been there at some point or another! Sometimes we just need a little help getting back on track! Slowly incorporating clean eating and healthy habits daily have helped me succeed to where I am today. If you are looking to find a program and create your own meal plan message me and I will get back to you as soon as possible to discuss everything with you and your goals you have in mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment