Thursday, September 5, 2013




Finding Your Place:



 
Accepted-  (adj) commonly approved or recognized; customary; established. 

-generally approved; widely regarded as normal, right, etc. 

Honest truth? Do you have to fit in to be accepted? Are you one to change your views and beliefs just to fit in with a "certain" type?  Why are you so badly trying ro change who YOU ARE for who THEY WANT you to be?! 

The other definition... Normal. Really? What is normal anymore? Is there a normal type? And who's the one to say that this is acceptable as normal?

Why can't we just go through life happy they way we are? Why do we try so badly to fit in with every person and/or group that crosses our paths in life? 
                   
                           

Do you have the answer? 

Because I know up until recently I struggled with this answer, and I still have my days where I can get down and struggle. But, then I usually start to read a little personal development and think to myself, "so what if they don't like me" or "they are giving me the cold shoulder because I choose to go after something bigger and not stay at status quo."

It is easier said then done I know. Take it from someone who has been there. Someone who has recently been through it and still goes through with it. NO- I am not changing who I am to fit in, but I am defiantly not accepted now. Some days I can walk in there and have the I don't care attitude. And other days I really struggle and get upset & depressed because I honestly have done nothing wrong and just don't understand. How can people be so, (what's the word I'm looking for) petty?

What I can tell you is, it will not get an easier until you learn to accept the negativity and change your attitude towards it. Be positive and don't let anyone rain on your parade. You are here to do great things, go far in life, and shine bright like you were meant to be. You just have to use the nay-sayers as you motivation, like I do, these are the people that add fuel to your fire and make you push that much harder! (You know who I'm talking about...we all have them)

 So where does one go to "find their place" ? Think about it...you are accepted by the people that are just like YOU! Like minded people, the same views, goals, work ethic, etc. you never have to change you just have to find them. 

Where do you look for these people?  What are you passionate about? Who do you strive to be? Are you a self-motivator who likes to help others? Are you determined & driven by a challenge? These are questions you have to ask yourself. These are questions you have to answer yourself. Only you know the answer, but there are people just like you & I out there who are struggling like we were/are. All I want to do is give guidance and help the next person not feel the way I did. To help someone feel not lost in their life, like they have no direction, or no place to be. Because no one should ever feel alone. No one should ever feel empty.

If you are reading this and this is EXACTLY how you feel... PLEASE PLEASE reach out. There is no judging here, just a listening ear to help, give my advice, and what has worked for me. But know this....you are not alone. Somewhere out there you are accepted just for being the silly old you that YOU are!!

               
        

No comments:

Post a Comment