Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Weekly Update: Week 2 T-25


It is that time again. Time for another weekly update and status on how week #2 went. I can't say it enough this program is AmAzZzZiNg and Shaun T I gotta hand it to you buddy you are a GENIUS! I mean seriously twenty-five minute workouts for five days a week (minus Friday because it is double days) but you can choose to break those up if you need and do one of those at night or Saturday am. Don't think you get the same effect in twenty-five minutes as you can in an hour? Try it, I promise you will. You just FOCUS for twenty-five minutes, and from the time you start you are burning calories & working muscles.



Cat lady Problems

So what did my week two schedule look like? It goes a little something like this.

Monday- Cardio
Tuesday- Total Body Circuit
Wednesday- Speed 1.0
Thursday- Cardio
Friday- Lower Focus & Ab Intervals

There are things I like and don't like (yet) about this program. It is still new and I am still trying to adjust to the fast pace moves. But there is a modifier you still can follow. So here we go....

Monday was a new week, I was ready to go and super excited because I am in love with this program. Cardio was never my thing but I have learned to love it. The one thing I can say I am struggling with right now is spider walk push-ups. My muscle strength is just not all that great so push-ups, I am at a little bit of a disadvantage. Spider walks just seem crazy to me. I mean who cones up with this stuff. Put those two together and you should see me. I have to say it would be a bit commical. I am grunting everytime I start to spider walk and trying to push-up together. I know it is physically possible and I just keep telling myself start with one and then modify. And then next week add one more to the list. Every day try and try again, never give up. It is not about perfection just progress.




Strive for progress

Tuesday I am not sure which is worse for me total body circuit or speed 1.0 but we will get to speed in a second. My intake of TBC right now is I am not quite sure. This burnout phase is my LEAST favorite. It really KILLS me. My muscles really feel knotted and tight when I do this. Almost like I could get a charlie horse at any moment.  You are working every body muscle with this phase and I know I am building my body muscles back up, while working muscles that are so very weak from not using then everyday. I can only hope TBC and I will be friends after this phase.

Oh man Speed 1.0 I just need to video camera myself don't this because you guys will get a HUGE laugh at this. I even laugh at myself because I know I look so goofy. I have always been a go at your own pace kinda gal. Never the fast athletic type, so this workout I would compare it too fast paced athletic training. I am constantly tripping over my feet because you have to move your arms a certain way with each move. So I try really hard to concentrate getting the moves perfect before I speed it up. Then I end up thinking too much, trip over my feet as I am getting all screwed up. Since I struggle with the workout, during the burnout phase I said I was going to push myself to make up for my lack of coordination but it turns out I pushed myself one step too hard. After that workout I was on the ground gasping for air & chugging water.



Thursday rolled around for Cardio day #2. I was just not all there mentally.  For some reason I was not all with it. I literally rolled out of bed with my bed head hair, put on my bright colorful clothes hoping I would get going. Usually after the warm up is complete I am ready to go. My blood is flowing and my excitement is going.

Bed Head, Crazy Color Short/Shoes

Who doesn't love to workout without having to worry about getting up and getting ready. Worrying about if your clothes match and waiting in line for machines. I know I love getting up, just heading to my basement, and the only worry in the world is which workout you are going to do.  

Hard work & dedication

Fridays' are DOUBLE DAYS. Two twenty-five minute workouts back to back. It gives you a jump start to the weekend.  It is nice because then you have Saturday and Sunday as your rest days. It is tough at first because these workouts are built for intensity and insane results. It was a long week so I was extremely exhausted come Friday, so I somewhat debated getting up and doing both workouts or splitting them out. But, I kept saying to myself if you want the results you have to work for them. They are not just going to be handed to you.


Another Week is down and over. I can't believe we are heading into Week #3. Almost half way done with Alpha. Check back for my week 3 updates and progress. Off to go get some great meal plan ideas.

If you have questions about FOCUS T-25 I would be glad to answer them. Or want to be apart of my next online accountability group just message me it starts September 23rd. Have a fantastic week everyone!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment