Tuesday, October 7, 2014

What is an Accountability Group?


Weight Loss Support Groups
 
What is an accountability group? How does it help you reach your fitness goals?
 
Have you ever started your weight loss journey and after two weeks decided it was either too hard or you didn't see the results quick enough so you gave up? Maybe no one supported you in your journey? You didn't like the workout program?
 
This was all me at one point until I heard about a challenge group & just invited myself to be in one...best decision to the day ever made!!
 
What is an accountability group? this is a group that is done online in a closed facebook group. or we could have a local meeting place if people were closer.
 
Why is it done online? it is easiest to run them online that way everyone is able to join and you do not have to be from a specific city/state.
 
Who can join these groups? anyone is able to join the groups. you just have to want to change your current situation and be ready to be surrounded by a group of amazing people.
 
Why join? like I said before have you tried to workout and then two weeks into it you just gave up? maybe you weren't sure where you start? if this is you, the support group is full of individuals who are where you are & with a group for all of us together we push each other to reach our goals and NOT give up.
 
Where is the done? this accountability is all done online, but the workouts are done in the comfort of your own home! 
 
What will you get? every morning I will post a small assignment or video that will last no more than 5 minutes. A tip to get you through the day, recipes, things that have helped me stay on track, meal plans, meal prepping, etc. I mean this is only half the stuff...every group is different and I tend to make my posts on what everyone has questions on, what they are struggling with.
 
An Accountability group is just another way for us all to stay on track. Because let's be honest.....we just can't do it by ourselves!!! There are times where we get frustrated, we aren't seeing the results we want so quickly, maybe we are struggling with our meal plan. When we struggle by ourselves we tend to let the negatives come into play. But when we are in an accountability group you have people cheering you on. Asking where you are if you do not show up daily posting all about your day. When you go to reach for that cookie a light bulb goes off and you think about the group and you put the cookie down. And if you don't put the cookie down and decide to eat it, you are in the group posting about it and everyone is saying okay, and giving you tips to swap it out next time and saying you can do anything & everything!
 
It is a safe place for everyone to come that have a weight loss goal! I remember when I started I was so scared. I did not know what anyone was going to think of me. Were they going to judge me? Was I going to be accepted?
 
 Guess what?!
 
No one knows about this group except, you, the other challengers in the group, myself  (as your coach), and then anyone you tell. This group is totally secret and everyone in the group is there for one of the same reasons. That is to get healthy and start a new journey.  Everyone may have a different end results and a different goal in mind, but we are ALL in this together. We all cheer each other on, we all are here to inspire. I may be the coach, but this is YOUR group. Tell everyone in the group what is working for you, shout yourself out for how much weight you have lost, your non scale victories, anything you want! Make the group fun, exciting, and most importantly BE YOU!!!!


Do you have more questions about accountability groups? Do you want to know when my next one is? Feel free to email me : alyssayourish@gmail.com and I will answer you back within 24 hours.

If you are ready to sign up and start your healthy journey TODAY, please take a moment to fill out the application listed below!


Fill out my online form.
HTML Forms powered by Wufoo.



No comments:

Post a Comment