Thursday, October 16, 2014

Snack Ideas w/ Limited Options

I got asked to help come up with healthy snack ideas for someone who doesn't like much and if I was up for the challenge. That I was, so I asked that a list be sent to me on what they don't like. But it was decided the list they do like would be shorter.

Here is that list: 

Fruits: strawberry, apples, bananas,grapes, pineapple 

Peanuts
Peanut butter
Vanilla yogurt
Granola
Chocolate 

Very limited right? So I took some time to do thinking about what snack ideas I could give. 


Snack Ideas
 

Here is what I would do

-fruit salad
-get vanilla Greek yogurt. (Greek yogurt is better for you & although the flavors have a lot of sugar that's a start) when I first started eating Greek yogurt I had to work myself up to plain, and I still add honey. 
-freeze grapes as a sweet treat
-cut up an apple with 2 teaspoons of pb & add 8-12 peanuts 
-you can do the same thing with a banana or melt dark chocolate over the banana
-add granola to your Greek yogurt. 
-you can add a drizzle of honey on your granola and just eat that. 
-(it wasn't on the list) but you can do plain unsalted rice cakes (2) with pb and banana

Snack ideas
 


If you are just starting to eat clean and your a little picky or not sure where to start, try these snacks . But you always want to remember...pair a complex carb with a lean protien. 

Feel free to reach out to me if you have any questions - alyssayourish@gmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment