Wednesday, October 1, 2014

New Month , Fresh Slate


Can you believe that it is October 1st already? Is it me or is the year just really flying by? Soon we will be getting ready for holiday parties and shopping for Christmas!! EEEK!

fresh start
 
I love the start of each month because it is really a time to reflect on the past thirty days. What I did that I was truly proud of, areas I slacked on and need some improvement, and where I can go from here. How can I step up my game for the next month and blow it out of the water.
 
So here is what I do. The first of the month I look at my calendar and start mapping out where I want to be by the end of the month. And then I start to work backwards. When you start to set goals for the month, you then can break them down to weekly goals, and come up with an action plan to get you there.
 
But before you set out your goals you must self reflect. It may sound weird, but honestly you have to dig a little deep and figure out what you can do differently this month that you did in the past. 
 
Did you hit all your goals you had set? How short did you come? Were you close? Don't get discouraged this is an opportunity for you to learn and to grow. To be the best person you can be and challenge yourself every day.
 
Remember today is the first day of the month. Everything that happened in the past 30 days is GONE! You get to set the tone for this month. If you want to succeed, set your attitude to be a winner, to do whatever it takes to cross off your goals one-by-one when you complete them. Remember to have fun, be positive, and create goals for YOU ....no one else.
 
HAPPY OCTOBER!!

No comments:

Post a Comment