Sunday, January 25, 2015

TOP Favorite Personal Development Books

Since becoming a beachbody coach, one of the main vital behaviors is read personal development. What is it? If you were like me, when my coach told me I had to read I just wasn't having it. 

Don't get me wrong I like to read, but I had no idea what it was. You mean to tell me that I can read and my whole mindset would change...believe it when I see it. You can see I was very skeptical at first & I would do it here and there. I'm not sure I finished one single book at first, then when my coach asked if I was reading (she knew I wasn't) I had to say no. Then I kept hearing over and over again all the top coaches were reading personal development. It kept coming out up over and over again. And if they were successful I had to start doing what they were doing.

There are sooooo many personal development books out there that are great. But I highly suggest before you start picking the ones others are reading you evaluate yourself and pinpoint your weaknesses. When you find what those are look for books to help improve that area and then move on. 

But there are a few everyone can start with. 

1. The Slight Edge by Jeff Olsen 
personal development books - the slight edge

2. The Compound Effect by Darren Hardy
personal development books - compound effect
 
 

3. Break Out by Joel Osteen
personal development books - break out
 
 

4. The Secret by Rhonda Byrne 
personal development books - the secret
 
 

5. Eat that Frog by Brian Tracy
personal development books - eat that frog
 
 

6. PUSH by Chalene Johnson
personal development books - push
 
 

7. The Big Picture by Tony Horton
personal development books - the big picture
 
 

8. Motivation Manifesto by Brendon Buchard  
personal development books - motivation manifesto



Each book is targeted to something different, but each have contributed to teaching me something new. When you read something positive and uplifting your mindset instantly changes. It really makes you stop and think about what you read & puts a whole different perspective on things. The successes come from consistently overtime making sacrifices and doing the small tasks daily. It's the snowball effect, you start small til you get up the top of the hill and when you hit the peak , the snowball gradually starts to get bigger and bigger. Being successful doesn't happen over night, so when the going gets tough, if you really want it just keep going. Push through the tough times and know the better days are just around the bend.


If you read any of these please reach out to me, I would love to know what you think. Or email me - alyssayourish@gmail.com if you would like some more personal development books to read.

No comments:

Post a Comment