Monday, January 19, 2015

Week 5 and 6 Progress - Insanity Max 30

It's been a little bit since my last update, two weeks to be exact. My last update was when I completed my 30 days. I lost one pound...YES just one. Why did I only lose that pound, because I was careless with my nutrition. That is the 100% honest truth. You can NOT go through an intense workout program & put yourself through all this to see half a** results. Why would you want to do that? To me that would be just torture and with this program it is far from easy.

This program tests your limits, your true strength, and really makes you get inside your head to go one second longer. This isn't a question of can you or can you not do it. It's about how long can you go for. Could you make it longer than last week. Can you prove yourself wrong. You just don't finish month one and slowly continue into month two. Of course Shaun T throws in new moves and certainly challenges you. What doesn't challenge you, will not change you.

Women's progres & updates
Month Two has begun

Like I have said before time and time again.. cardio is just NOT my thing. I'm not really sure, maybe because I was never good at it, so I never worked to be better. So, when cardio was day one during the start of this program I always dreaded it. Then consistently over time, I was building my endurance and my time was increasing... I was becoming better. When month two came around, I was extremely excited. I had a feeling it was going to be totally different, but challenging in a way & boy was I correct. It's a new month, so it is going to take some time to learn the months, but slow and surely I got them down, and with my endurance built up I surprised myself and made it to double digits.


Month Two Workout Schedule -

Monday : Max Out Cardio
Tuesday : Max Out Sweat
Wednesday : Max Out Power
Thursday : Max Out Strength
Friday : Friday Fight - Round 2
Saturday & Sunday are still for rest days with an optional workout PULSE.

I use Saturday and Sundays to get my head right and reflect. I sit down and see where I really struggled during the week and what I need to work on better. What can I do to be better. Nutrition has been one thing that is truly a struggle. I have always struggled because I have never really been much of a cook and it has never been much of my thing. So I have been trying to get better, little by little. Another thing I need to do is channel my inner me and dig a little deeper in my workouts.


I found this quote the other day and just had to laugh. Because sometimes this is how I feel. You work so hard and you try everything in your power to get your six Pack abs and they just don't seem to becoming in like you want them too. But we all have to stop and remind ourselves this is a lifestyle change. Those abs aren't going to come in overnight. It takes hard work, exercise, nutrition, and dedication over time. Set goals for yourself and keep a plan in mind. Don't get frustrated when you don't see results overnight. Take weekly pictures & measurements so you can see how far you are coming. Focus on your non-scale victories. And be proud of how far you make it each day.



Apple Cider Vinegar Cleanse
 
There are a few things that get me through Insanity Max. After my workout is post workout fuel. An apple for fuel to boost my metabolism. And the orange drink is P90X results and recovery. It helps repair muscles after an intense workout. Get a glass of cold water, two spoonful's, mix together, and drink. The bottom picture is something I have been adding in first thing in the morning to help aid digestion. You can read the healthy benefits HERE.
 
This week for nutrition I am going to try to eliminate dairy, keep my shakeology with water, and really stick to eating from my meal plan. Sometimes for me it is hard because I get busy with work and lose track of time. My metabolism is low and then I want to eat every carb in site. I will also be sticking to my two carbs a day. Lately, I have been sneaking in an extra one here and there, eating popcorn when I want to, and over doing it with rice. Just because I eat healthy doesn't mean I can go overboard.
 
Insanity Max 30 - meal plan
 
This was one of my favorite recipes of the week. Easy Burrito Bowls from chipotle.
 
 
Women's updates - insanity max
 
I know that my endurance is increasing. And I am getting stronger because I can do more push-ups standing on my feet vs. going down on my knees. My shoulder muscles are starting to come in. Moves that were difficult or I had to modify are getting easier and I am getting better. I feel stronger and like I can conquer the world. But this program is defiantly working because I am seeing muscles again in my calves, my abs are starting to come back, my arms are leaning out. I can't speak anything but good things about it. And remember I was NEVER a cardio girl, lifting is more my scene.

home workouts - insanity max
 
 
It's not always easy to get up and push play but you just have to remember your WHY. Is it strong enough to motivate you and not give up. Can you challenge yourself to be better than yesterday. Don't look at where you started and compare yourself to others. Are you plugged into a support system where individuals can keep you on track & help you reach your goals. If you need help getting on track or want to be apart of my next accountability group, take a moment to fill out the application.
 
 
  



Fill out my online form.
The easy to use Wufoo form builder helps you make forms easy, fast, and fun.



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment