Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Warm Almond Butter Sauce Noodles with Chicken

I always feel like anytime I make a chicken recipe its pretty much the same thing. I use the same spices & recipes. I am always nervous to try something new, not like it, and then be hungry right after. Anyone with me??


As I was reading the newest clean eating magazine I cam across this recipe & it peeked my interest.

It serves about 8.

Cook 1 lb. of whole grain spaghetti. In medium saucepan, poach 2 lb boneless, skinless chicken breasts with a pinch of sea salt and enough water to cover chicken. Bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer and cook, covered, until chicken is no,longer pink inside (about 10 minutes). Remove from heat, then drain water & strain chicken using a fork; set aside. In a small bowl whisk 1/2 cup natural almond butter, 1 1/2 tbsp reduced sodium soy sauce, 2 finely chopped garlic cloves, and 1/2 tsp peeled & grated ginger. Drain pasta; reserve 1 cup cooking liquid. Rinse pasta with cold water. Add reserve liquid to the almond butter sauce and mix well to combine. Ina large bowl, toss almond butter mixture with drained pasta. Add 1 cup fresh baby spinach, 1/2 cup purple cabbage, 1/2 cup green cabbage, shredded chicken, 2 thinly sliced scallions, a pinch of red pepper flakes, sea salt and fresh ground pepper to taste.


clean eating dinner ideas
 

No comments:

Post a Comment