Saturday, January 17, 2015

Boost Your Immune System in Winter

I LOVE this episode of the clean eating magazine!!

With winter comes the cold, (sometimes) horrible weather, and the attitude of not wanting to do anything or go anywhere. I mean, I hate being cold & I'm always cold. So you will always find me budded up with many blankets on. If I have to go out you better believe I am dressing super warm.

boost your immue system

But if you have to go out how can you boost your immune system so you are not bogged down. Maybe feeling under the weather. And low energy.

1. Turn down the heat - I know it sounds crazy, turn down the heat if your cold? There's a study out there that your immunity builds up when "dunked" in cold water three times a week for six weeks. This increases your metabolic rate. So you're not extremely freezing cuddle up with a blanket.

2. Carbs are your friend - not your pizza, white bread, etc. The good carbs, oatmeal, quinoa, etc. eat rich fiber foods. 

3. Eat and exercise lightly (if not used to working out) - you can compromise your system by going for an extremly long run or binging on the couch walking tv all day. Go out for a light walk or get a 30 minute workout in. Studies have shown anything over 90 minutes surpresses your immune system.

4. The color red belongs in your diet - eat lots of tomatoes. They help reduce the bad cholesterol while boosting the body's defenses. 

5. Be funny - laughing does your body good.


**this all gets credited to the clean eating magazine**

No comments:

Post a Comment