Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Pamper Yourself


Sometimes all we need is a little "spa" day to make ourselves relax from the day to day life. You know, where you are running around like crazy from the time you wake up til you have to get to bed. There are people out there who never take a moment to just stop and relax. I know I was/still am (a little) guilty of this! Sometimes you think that rushing around and getting things done is the way to do it. But in reality it is nice to treat yourself or even do it at your own home, take a moment for yourself, step away from technology, and just unplug!

relaxation tips


1. Take a warm bath with your favorite Epsom salt (my scent is lavender). It just instantly relaxes me and puts a smile on my face. Add a little lavender oil too to take it up a notch. You don't have to be in the tub long at least 20 minutes though so you can take deep breaths and the smells will instantly calm you.

2. Curl up on the chair with a good book. Reading is one of my favorite things to do. There is nothing better than putting your feet up, wrapped in a blanket, and getting lost in a good book.

3. Muscles sore and your body is aching? Either jump in the shower and alternate water temperature from hot to cold this helps to improve circulation in your body.

4. Go out and talk a walk/run. I find that coming home from work sometimes and going out to run around the neighborhood or take our fur baby out for a walk is so relaxing. If I am walking and Eric is home I tend to leave my phone there so I can just soak in the scenery. If I am running I have it with me and I am listening to something motivational.

5. Meditate. Literally pick a quiet place. Leave your phone shut off, tv turned off, etc. Close your eyes and just take deep breaths for about ten minutes. Think of your day and let it all go.

6. At the end of the day before you go to bed, take a moment and write 3 things you are grateful for each day.

relaxation tips

 
What are you going to try today to relax a little??

No comments:

Post a Comment