Thursday, March 19, 2015

Triple S : Shin Splint Stretch

When you decide to run you MUST make sure you stretch not only before, but after. 

I thought when I decided to run this week and I was sore it was just because I wasn't used to running in a few months. But when I woke up that following morning and it hurt to take a step, I knew it was a little more. Nothing serious just had to do a few more stretches, look into getting new shoes, and icing my shins. 

Shin Splints are the worst...anyone ever have them?

You can't really "stretch" them but a foam roller becomes your best friend.

Here is an exercise I have been doing all week:



I must admit I was sorta being a baby because it really did hurt & I was gently pushing down. But to get the full stretch, for it to actually work, and you to feel better you must push down on the foam roller hard. Do this for a few seconds and make sure to put ice on when done. Now, you aren't going to be instantly cured, but I will say you will feel a little better.

What are some of your best exercises that help you with shin splints?

No comments:

Post a Comment