Saturday, March 21, 2015

Can You Just Give Yourself Five Minutes


Fitness Motivation

Some days you just don't feel like working out. Honestly, we are all human & you can't say there is never a day where you just want to skip it. Exercise helps you....it makes you more focused, energized, confident, etc.
 
When you don't feel like doing it you have to remember why you started doing it.
 
 Don't feel like working out right in this moment? What I need you to right now, is remember the moment when you finish a workout & how you feel after that workout.
 
So, in the event that you do not want to workout and push play give yourself five minutes. Can you do just that? If you give yourself five minutes and after those minutes are up you still don't feel in the mood you can stop, but you know how you feel after your workout, and once your in the zone, I bet you may not stop.
 
If you workout in the morning even you can sleep in your workout clothes. If you choose to workout after workout make sure that they are out and somewhere visible so when you get home you don't get distracted to do other things.
 
Get a playlist going. I know if I am feeling low or down, I get on Pandora & find workout music to get me going. I bet I am not the only one that music can change your mood.
 
Have your DVD in the dvd player so you can just play it when you are ready.
 
Get motivational workout tanks or fancy prints. I know with me when I have cute clothes or funky prints I feel like I can tackle on anything.
 
Find motivational quotes from Pinterest, write them on post it notes & place them around your house where you know you are going to walk passed.
 
Remember you don't have to do this high intense workout to get a good workout! Do something you love to do. Do you love reading and have dogs? What about multi-tasking but listening to a book on audible or youtube & walking with the pup. You don't have to go during the whole time of the book, but go for 15-20 minutes. Or what I have been doing is when I go for runs I am listening to podcasts, which is where I got this idea from... thanks Chalene Johnson. If you haven't followed her I highly suggest it! The Chalene Show on Podcasts is one of my favorites.
 
Another thing she suggests to do is get a calendar and cross off each day you workout & meet your goals. I know i'm a pen and paper kinda girl so the feeling I get when crossing off goals is amazing & makes me feel so much more accomplished.
 
 
All you need to do is get up and get your heart rate.


JUST DO IT!
 

Be Better Than Yesterday

No comments:

Post a Comment