Saturday, December 13, 2014

DIY Wine Crafts

Holiday time is here. Time to get the decorations out & go by new ones. And if your like me who has just moved in her house and is slowly trying to gain holiday decorations, I just can't think of spending $30 that doesn't look like anything or it is something I could try and make myself. Let me start by saying I am not an arts & crafts kinda girl....I am actually the worst one to do this. I have no artistic ability, but it's something I enjoy (even if I stink)


Christmas Decorations
 
 
Supplies you will need :
 
- 3 empty wine bottles
- Hot gun
- Glue sticks
- Twine
- Decorative Branches
- Adhesive form glitter sheets
 
What to do :
 
- Take the first wine bottle, put a small strip of hot glue on the bottle and apply the twine. Do this around the whole bottle, until you reach the end. This will take a little while but be patient. You can't put to much hot glue on the bottle at once, the glue dries extremely fast, so you have to this in bits & pieces. Also, you will want to make sure you push the twine up so it is close to each layer, you don't want the bottle color to be showing or labels if you leave them on.
 
- Once you have the wine bottle covered, you will want to trace your letters & cut them out. You can use stencils to trace them or you can use a pencil and draw them yourself.
 
- After you have the letters cut out, you have to glue them on. Place them where you would like & let them dry.
 
- Take your decorative branches and add as much or as little as you would like.
 
- Find a perfect place to display your art project and enjoy!
Christmas Decorations
 
 
It does take a little time, but it's nice knowing that the Christmas decorations in the house are of your own creation & you can make them how you like. I am taking this up as my new hobby, it is something I enjoyed doing, and would love to make a set for you! If you like this design or find another design on Pinterest that you would like please reach out to me - alyssayourish@gmail.com . I am not sure of a price just yet as these are the first ones I just made, but that is something we can discuss, depending on time & material needed. They do not have to be Christmas themed either!
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment