Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Stuffed Ground Turkey Peppers

One of my favorite recipes when I was little. But I wanted to find my own way to make it. So that is exactly what I did.
 
Ingredients:
 
- green peppers
- ground turkey
- 1/2 onion; chopped
- garlic
- tomato sauce (your favorite sauce)
- sea salt
- pepper
 
Directions:

- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. 
- Cook onion and garlic on low for a few minutes.
- Add ground turkey ; you can also add salt, pepper, and spices if desired for taste.
- As the turkey is cooking cut the tops of the peppers off, and hollow out the insides.

Clean Eating Stuffed Peppers
Hollow Green Peppers
 
- Once the ground turkey is cooked all the way through add your sauce. (I did not measure anything out)
 
Ground Turkey Mixture
- Fill the peppers with your mixture.

 
 - If desired sprinkle cheese on top.
- Place in over for 30 minutes; let cool for a little.
- Serve with a side of brown rice or black beans.


No comments:

Post a Comment