Thursday, June 19, 2014

Bang Bang Shrimp

Let me tell you something here! I had this shrimp down in the Gulf Shores when I went to visit my Aunt & Uncle and fell in love. Seriously, every time we went down to a restaurant I ordered it. I never got sick of it & wanted to make it when I got home. Took me a few months to even try it, but we made it for dinner last night & delish.

Obviously the shrimp is not friend.
I did not use mayo I used Greek yogurt.

Ingredients:

-1/2 cup plain Greek yogurt
-1/4 cup Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
-3 drops Sriracha Hot Chili Sauce (or hot sauce of your choice)
-1 pound shrimp
-lettuce
-chopped scallions


Directions:

-Mix Greek yogurt with Thai Sweet Chili Sauce. Add hot sauce to taste.

 -Sauté shrimp until cooked.


-Mix shrimp & sauce together.

-Line a plate with lettuce , top with chopped scallions.
-We also cooked brown rice & served with that.

Clean Eating- Bang Bang Shirmp
 
Since we used the Greek yogurt it bit sweet rather than super hot like I remember, BUT it was still delish. If we would have used mayo in place it would have been the same way I remember. But I am all about promoting clean eating, so Greek yogurt it is. Small little choices over time make a big difference!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment