Monday, October 7, 2013

Weekly update and progress: last week of Alpha

Alpha has officially come to an end. Five weeks have come and gone, just like that. It is just unreal how quick this has went. And how only twenty-five minutes can change your life!!! I have to admit I have always been a little intimidated by Shaun T because of Insanity. I don't do well when people are up there telling me what to do and to push harder. "I mean geez Shaun T I'm pushing myself as hard as I can go!" But with my time schedule and having to workout before work I was getting up at 4am and it was really starting to wear on me. I was looking for a way to give me the best of both worlds (sleep in a little extra w/a short effective workout).

YEP, I sure got it!!! 

So are you one of the people saying you don't have time for a workout or to make anytime for yourself? SERIOUSLY, people  everyone has time!!! I bet you spend at least twenty-five on a social media site doing absolutely nothing but "creeping" yes, I said it because you know it's true. If you have time for Facebook, you have time to workout. 

 
Week 5 Schedule:
Monday- total body circuit 
Tuesday- ab intervals
Wednesday- total body circuit
Thursday- cardio 
Friday- total body circuit & lower focus

Life getting in the way? Always on the go and feel like you can never slow down? Between working out, driving to/from work, working a full time job, running errands after work, getting lunches together, & getting clothes out for tomorrow, I always feel like I am on the go and can never just sit down and relax! WOAH! Where does the time go?!

If there is one thing I have learned over time, is that you have to take some time for yourself each and everyday. Whether it is ten minutes or an hour - take that time!! It is how you find yourself. Sometimes we are so caught up in our everyday life that we lose ourselves in the mix. So if you choose and you should choose to make time for yourself it may mean you have to make some sacrifices. Getting up earlier, missing your favorite TV show, saying no to meeting up with friends, and even staying up later. Whatever it is just know you are doing something to benefit you and it is okay. You are not being selfish you are just looking out for yourself.  Time  management is key and it will really make you feel better than rather feeling all over the place. 



Not going to lie this Friday I did not do double days. I woke up Friday am with a horrible migraine and decided to sleep in a bit. I had a plan to wake up later and get at least one workout in, then when that alarm went off I still felt the same-so I opted out. When I got home I did TBC but  did not have time to do lower focus because I was going to spend a night with the family. It was my high schools  homecoming and my cousin was the freshman representative.


So this week started Beta. I was planning on starting Monday, but we are traveling to North Carolina Thursday til Sunday. And I decided to plan ahead. I am starting Beta Sunday night. My double days will be Thursday right before we leave. That way I can spend time with my boyfriends family while we are down there. But of course I am sure I will be taking a short walk and of course watching what I eat. I am starting to make a food list now to pack stuff for our trip down!

Here's to my next adventure!! Shaun T I am SO ready for Beta!!

No comments:

Post a Comment