Wednesday, October 9, 2013

What To Pack In A Cooler While Traveling


Cleaning Eating on the GO

You started this new clean eating lifestyle and your off to travel for the weekend or week. What do you do? How can you make yourself stay on track? I get this question all the time because my challengers can see the progress they are making. But when a trip comes up they are nervous about screwing their hard work up. 

#1 Tip: PLAN AHEAD

You know when you travel you always bring a bag of snacks and drinks. Of course it's what we do, because we can't tell the difference between actual hunger or dehydration. So what do we do...we eat! We pack the simple, not so healthy foods because we don't want to prep anything. We live in such a fast pace world, that we just want to grab and go. 

So, I thought I would share with all of you my ideas, my tips, how to save a little cash,  and plans for traveling. And it comes in perfect timing because I'm off to North Carolina for a mini vaca. I will be gone for about 4 days and one of those days we will be at a wedding so the food is taken care of, I just have to plan that as a cheat meal.  First, look at your travel plans and make sure there is a cheat meal on a day or properly plan so you don't fail. 

My goal for this trip is to only stop when we need gas or to use the restroom and that's IT!!! 

Make a grocery list for healthy foods and snacks you can take and pack in a cooler. Things that are simple. 

#1 Shakeology: this is by far a quick easy meal which doesn't require much. Grab your flavor packet, add water, and shake it up. 

#2 Fruits: in the picture above I have apples and bananas. I will be using the bananas in my shake and apples as a snack. When traveling fruit is always something you want to have. 

#3 Blue Diamond Whole Natural Almonds: let's face it. You need a lean Protein to pair with your complex carb apples for a snack. You want to maintain your metabolism and energy level. 

#4 Protein Bars (nature valley) : actually homemade protein bars are the best ones and safest bet , but I completely ran out of time to make some yesterday. And nature valley of all other out there are the closest to being clean. 

#5 Multigrain bread: I had to think of my boyfriend on this trip as well something easy for him. And a simple sandwich will satisfy him. 

#5 Turkey & Prov Cheese: for his sandwich, but that's all. No mayo or anything for him. 

#6 Sunkist Tuna Packets: these are so AWESOME!! Jumping for joy , SERIOUSLY you have no idea!!! I absolutely love taking tuna in my lunch and this is super simple. Just open up the pouch and enjoy!!! 

#7 Swanson Chicken: I grab two big cans just in case and made it all. We can have it once we land to our destination. Mix these with Greek yogurt instead of mayo to cut the calories down and you have lunch for a little bit. 

#8 Whole Grain Pretzels: just for a little snack to munch on. You really have to watch what pretzels you are eating. There is a lot of sodium and they can be deciving. I LOVE honey wheat pretzels but they actually are no were close to being good for you!

#9 Water: it is important to stay hydrated throughout your trip. You can easily mistake being hungry for dehydration. I have to drink in moderation so we don't stop every half an hour. 

Do not bring the chips, candies, and sugary drinks. They are going to do you no good and you want to try and control what you can while traveling. You know wherever you go there is going to be temptations. You just have to do your best and set yourself up for success rather than failure. Don't stress out,  take it one step at a time. If you make a plan follow it. If you fall off for a sec, brush yourself off, and try it again. 

I like to put it in perspective. Remember one French fry isn't going to make you gain twenty pounds. And eating that one salad won't make you drop those twenty pounds. Now I'm not telling you to go indulge every night, but it is okay for enjoy a night.  This lifestyle is to fit you, not make you miserable. So set yourself up for success and enjoy! You can do this-you have the tools for it!!!


Want to know more about staying on track?? Ask how you can join my next 30 day clean eating & shakeology challenge. Meal plans, recipes, tips, motivation, and accountability!
I would be glad to answer any and all questions you may have. Feel free to send me an email at alyssayourish@gmail.com and I will respond as soon as possible. I would look forward to chatting with you and having you join my group

 

No comments:

Post a Comment