Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Weekly Update and Progress- Week 4 T-25

Another week comes and goes. Can you even believe that October is here?! This year is flying by and I guess it is just not going to slow down anytime soon. 

Dream Big
It's a new month and time to start fresh with a clean slate. Don't look at it as if the year is almost over. YOU are just getting started. I don't care if you set a goal for yourself back on January 1st as your New Years Resolution...you are going to write that down again and push hard for the next three months. Don't think it can happen?? I DARE you to try it. Give yourself 90+ days to go in 100%. Put your head down and focus - see what can happen. 


So lets talk about the week. T25 it just keeps getting better and better. I really can not get over the fact that this program is only twenty-five minutes long and you are sweating by the end of it. I know I say it probably ever week, but Beachbody really NAILED it on the head when people said they wanted a shorter workout, but with the same crazy good results. I love how each DVD is different but the same in some ways. Each move you do is thirty seconds and even though you may not think it is enough time to really work your muscles....trust me it is! You really FOCUS for these thirty seconds. You slowly work your way up to the "hard" step in a matter of two minutes. You get no breaks it is just non stop from the time you push play until you end at the cool down phase (unless you need a break of course).

I am going to be honest with you of course.....


This week I really really struggled. I didn't struggle with the getting up and working out aspect so much. It was more the going downstairs and when I pushed play, my head was literally all over the place. Which in my mind is BAD. I was not there mentally. I still did the workouts but I would give myself a three on a scale up to five. I am boggled but why happened last week, because everyday I look forward to going downstairs as getting a good sweat sesh in before work. It is my SANITY. It is what makes me clear my head from all those random thoughts. And I just could not do it. I was just going through the motions. Stopping when I needed a drink. Usually, when Dexter lays by my feet I pick him up and put him on the chair & last week I caught myself petting him...in the middle of my workout! I was watching the time clock. Just bad, very bad. I still them, but I didn't push myself to my max and best potential. 

Onward and upward... Right??

One thing I always say to my challengers who either had a bad week or skipped a few workouts is it's okay, you are in the learning process. Dust yourself off and try again. If you know you are not going to be able to do a workout that day, really focus on your eating. 

I always thoughts loosing weight came from working out....WRONG! Well not totally, you can loose weight from working out. But, it is not the number one reason. Fueling your body with the proper nutrition is. That is right, you heard me, nutrition is key!!!! 

This week was great with eating. I have been drinking my shake for breakfast because it is quick and easy for me with work. I had my complex carb and lean protein for a mid-morning snack (apple/peach w/14 coco roasted almonds OR two plain rice cakes w/natural pb and bananas). Lunch lately has been TONS of fruit (because summer fruit is my FAV) along with tuna on salad or a flat sandwich bread. Dinner: ranges all the time. Turkey chili, turkey meatloaf, baked ziti, salads, grilled chix, fish, etc. 
 



Clean Eats


The only bad thing I noticed this week with me was my late night snacking. Not sure what was up with that but I was always craving a snack after dinner time. I have been making myself a cup of green tea w/honey when I am craving something or before bed and that always seems to work. If I don't have that cup of tea I am always in the kitchen looking for something. So if you are a late night snacker like me try a cup of warm green tea. It's the time perfect time for it too, it's getting a little bit chilly every night!!

Which brings me too my favorite season!!!! FALL. I simply love it. 

Overall, week 4 was an okay week. And the reason why I say that is because food was on track - but the workouts Alyssa was MIA! But we are starting fresh with a clear mind and a new goal to help stay on track!

Ever feel like you are just not mentally there. You are there physically, going through the moves and the motions, but your mind is racing with a million different thoughts? YEP, we've all been there. But the good thing about my online health and fitness challenges- is that you do NOT have to go through it alone. You have the support from me (your coach) and from the other challengers in the group. We are in this TOGETHER. To SUCCEED together. Want some more information on my next group starting??  Send me a private message on Facebook or email me. I would love to chat with you to see if this is something you would like to join.

HAPPY OCTOBER!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment