Tuesday, July 16, 2013


Completed: Les Mills Combat Week 5
Most of you know that last week was just a total epic FAIL. And by fail I mean I went away for a few days, couldn't really exercise expect walking, overate, didn't eat the right foods, & drank more than I am ever use too. Things happen and I am not perfect, I am human. With that said I told you all about this and decide since I only got through half of week 5 I was going to just start it all over again and be behind a week. Yes, I should have just completed week 6 and tomorrow I would have been starting week 7.

Like I said before- I am human and life gets in the way and then you give into temptation. But, I also didn't think it was okay for me to skip four days of workouts and just hop right back into week 6 like nothing happened. I made a commitment to myself that I would finish this program from start to finish, and that is just what I am going to do.

Week 5: Schedule
Monday-Combat 60 LIVE
Tuesday-Lower Body & Inner Warrior
Wednesday-Combat 45
Thursday-Upper Body & Core Attack
Friday-Combat 60 LIVE
Saturday-Lower Body & Inner Warrior

This week started off great and I had the mindset I was really going to kick it in the butt and forget all about my downfall week. Then Tuesday hit and on my way to work my eyesight started to go a little blurry, I was hot, and felt like I was going to pass out and be sick. Weird, RIGHT? Who does that happen to randomly, out of the blue. It ends up they are migraines. If anyone has ever had a migraine you know it happens quick and it affects you different each time and they are not friendly. I still woke up and worked out, but I couldn't give my all, I couldn't be in it 100%. I would go to bed early the night before, wake up at my normal 4am workout time, but still my body just felt overly exhausted. These migraines were just killing me, I felt like I had no energy and I was getting no sleep. 

So another downfall...yes and no. I still got up and worked out. I couldn't push myself too hard, but still did it. Eating was off as well. I wasn't eating bad, I felt sick to my stomach so I really couldn't eat much. I doubled up on Shakeology last week, but couldn't finish most of them. I didn't snack much and water was my best friend this week. I stayed on track with my schedule. Thursday I had to do a night workout because I knew I just needed the extra rest and Friday I switched Combat 60 for Combat 30 because I knew my body needed a shorter workout. You need to listen to your body every once in a while. You do not want to burn yourself to the point of exhaustion. So if you need a rest you NEED to take one.

My journey is still continuing and I have no plans on stopping anytime soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment