Monday, June 17, 2013

Week 2 Update & Progress
It is that time again. Another week has come and gone, and week two of Les Mills Combat is over. It is crazy to think that if you really love a workout it won't feel like a workout. You get up everyday and you look forward to it. You get downstairs and start your workout and then next thing you know, your thirty minute workout feels like you have only been working out for ten minutes.

This upcoming week is super busy. As we are traveling to Michigan on Friday morning for a family wedding. This week I MUST stay on track (workouts, food, mindset, etc.)

It is all about coming up with a game plan and sticking to it! Of course I will enjoy my family time, we haven't had a family wedding in years and just love when we are all together. I am making my game plan tonight and I am telling myself I will stick to it as best I can. The wedding is in Michigan and besides the wedding, we are not really sure what we are going to do for the whole weekend. We see it as being on vacation. I will tell you the hotel we are staying in does have a gym, so my cousin and I have decided to get up and workout in the am, before the wedding. You have to do something about it, if you want that change.

This week I really pushed myself til I knew I couldn't anymore. Whether that meant upping weights for some exercises. Or when I was using lesser weights and when  I was feeling my arms on fire I kept on pushing through. The times where it hurts the most means it is working.

Since starting this program over and being at two weeks I have put on one pound, but you also need to know with this program I am leaning out, toning, and building muscle. So all my weight is muscle weight. I know that is probably what you do not want to hear if you are trying to lose weight, but I feel like I am at my best. And the number on the scale is just a number to me. Don't rely on the scale, take into consideration how you feel, how your clothes are fitting. I feel stronger, toner, and all over healthier.



Schedule:
Monday-Combat 60
Tuesday-Hiit: Power & Inner Warrior
Wednesday- Combat 30 & Core Attack
Thursday- Hiit: Power & Inner Warrior
Friday- Combat 45
Saturday- Warrior 1: Upper Body
Sunday- Rest Day





Nobody is going to do this for you. So if you want to push yourself a little harder and digger a little deeper go for it. I have been using my workouts for my stress reliver, my "me" time. This is my time where I get my greatest ideas, the only place where I can clear my mind and feel refreshed after. It allows me to forget about all the bad or frustration that is going on around me. It is one of the things I look forward to every single day.


Embrace every challenge. Embrace every struggle. You are who you are. Be proud of what you are doing for yourself. You don't have to go fast, you just have to start.

If you would like to know more about the program(Les Mills Combat) or on how to make a plan to stay on track or just have questions in general e-mail me alyssayourish@gmail.com. Look forward to hearing from you!




No comments:

Post a Comment