Tuesday, June 18, 2013

New and Improved Greenberry Shakeology!!!!
 
 
 
I am a little late, I know. The new and approve Greenberry has been out for about a month now, but I wanted to make sure I tried it first before pretending to tell you what I really thought. Sure I could have just wrote a post on what everyone else thought about I wanted you to know what I thought, how my first taste was, the receipe I used, and do I like it better than the old one.
 
So first WHY did they want to remake the greenberry, you ask?  They wanted to bring it up to speed with the rest. The old Greenberry was from about 4 years ago and since then there are more superfoods that have came out and improvements.
 
So what did the old formula taste like compared to the new? Most people say the old one tastes the grass. I personally did not notice the taste. I do have to say I did like the old formula when I found the right recipe. I found two that I loved and it reminded me of a tropical drink.
 
The new one...are you dying to know? As soon as you opened the packet it smelled the fresh fruit. You didn't even need to mix anything with it. I was so anxious to try to it. I didn't have my usual ingredients I make my greenberry with, because it was a spur of the moment decision to try it. So I just took a 1/2 banana to work with me, added water, a few ice cubes, and blended it right up.
 
 
 
New and improved gets 5 stars from me. It was delish!!! I get an hour for lunch this Greenberry was amazing I was done with it in 5 minutes. There is so much fresh fruit, tropical drink, and some people have even said it taste like fruity pebbles, but only better for you! I could even drink it with just water- blended together.
 
Differences from old vs. new:
  • Reduced calories from 140 to 130 per serving
  • Reduced Sugars from 11g to 6g per serving! (5 grams less than before!)
  • Reduced Total Carbs from 19g to 13g per serving
  • Increased Protein from 16g to 17g per serving
  • Fiber increased from 3g to 4g due to the addition of pea protein and increase in super greens.
  • Reduced fructose necessary in the formula due to the addition of Luo Han Guo
  • Added Shakeology's newest superfoods: Luo Han Guo, Moringa and Himalayan Salt.
  • Increased the amount of super-greens (it is Greenberry after all!) and included an even more delicious natural flavor which works more harmoniously with the formula to makes Greenberry sweeter and fruitier.
  • Green tea used is no longer decaffeinated — therefore it is less "processed".
    • (Note: Green tea is naturally very low in caffeine).
  • Plus we incorporated the improvements we made recently to Chocolate:
    • More concentrated grasses. We're using grass juice powders. The grasses are first pressed into juices—which allows us to concentrate the nutrients—then the juice is further concentrated into a powder. (Before we were just grinding the grasses themselves into powders)
    • Better strain of probiotics
    • No suma root or blue-green algae
    • Still Low Glycemic Index

 
Give Greenberry a shot. I bet you will like it much more than the old formula. Purchase your own Shakeology HD order here to get free shipping or ask me how you can purchase individuals packets. If you have any questions at all, do not hesitate to send me a Facebook message or e-mail me at alyssayourish@gmail.com. I look forward to hearing from you and seeing what you think of the new Greenberry!
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment