Tuesday, June 11, 2013


Week 1 Update: Les Mills Combat
Ultimate Warrior
It is that time again. Time for my progress and updates. Since finishig Brazil Butt Lift at the end of May, going to Vegas on a little girls trip for a few days, I had a little bit of a lack of motivation you could say for a bit. I needed something that I knew was going to jump start my weight loss journey and keep me accountable. Les Mills Combat is the program of choice for the  next 60 days.
Les Mills Combat is based on the most popular mixed martial arts-inspired by bodycombat. It is fun, energized, and body transforming. It is intense cardio fitness with upper body toning. This is a program that has combined 7 martial arts classes together: Karate, Tae Kwon Do, Tai Chi, Kung Fu, Capoeira, and Jiu Jitsu. The trainers keep you going and the music is always pumping you up. Feel like a fighter, strong, fierce, intense.
I have done this program in the beginning of the year and loved the results I saw. But I only choose the Les Mills Warrior Schedule. I wasn't sure what to expect so I just choose the first schedule. When you get the program you see you receive the fitness program overview and it gives you three different workout schedules to choose from: Warrior, Supreme Warrior,Ultimate Warrior. You just choose the best workout schedule that fits your needs.
Week 1:
Monday- Combat 30
Tuesday- Hiit: Power & Inner Warrior
Wednesday- Combat 30 & Core Attack
Thursday- Hiit: Plyo & Inner Warrior
Friday- Comat 45
Saturday- Warrior 2: Lower Body
Sunday- Rest  Day
This week went surprisingly well and I am proud of myself for getting up everyday before work and sticking to my meal plan. I had a crazy busy week with work, errands, pens games(they consume my night), and appointments. I was up later than usual and had to get up extra early. But I just could not make the excuses. Usually around Wednesday I like to make it my rest day even though I love having my days on Sunday. Sometimes I wake up from my alarm and my body is just so sore I feel like I can not more and I am overly exhausted. Yes, I felt this way this past Wednesday, but I told myself this is working you need to get up and follow the schedule. They know what they are doing.


I got up every morning my alarm went off. Made sure my workout clothes were out and visible that way I could just hop out of bed and put them on. I had a scoop of my E&E, and got downstairs to push play. Some days are harder than others, but if you set yourself up for success there is very little room error.


All you need a little motivation to get started. Once you get that motivation it becomes a habit. It becomes natural, your body becomes use to getting up and working out, adjusting to clean eating, and the natural energy you gain. Les Mills Combat is super intense from the moment you begin. I forgot how much of a workout this is. I am sweating from the time I push play and love every minute of it. The first week was tough. I was trying to get down to a routine and my exercise level back up. Even though I wasn't at my strongest I still pushed through. There were times I had to stop and take a little bit of a breather or a sip of water, but I still finished to the best of my ability.
Sunday is always my day to get my stuff done that I need to for the week. Set yourself up for success. Plan out your meals for the week, go food shopping, come home, and prep your meals out for the week, pack them in to go containers if you have to go to work. This saves you an outstanding amount of time. When you come home from work you can just grab all the containers put them in a lunchbox and you are done! Simple, easy, and quick. Yes it will take some time on Sunday, but if you have a long day at work it is the last thing you want to have to worry about when you get home. A complex carb and lean protein is a perfect snack. Prep for success and you are half way there!

I am ready to get busy and get on with week 2! I know I am determined a working hard towards my goal. I have a game plan in mind and I plan on sticking to it every day this week. I am just trying to be my best, I am not striving for perfection. Don't compare yourself to others, compare yourself to you. Compare yourself to the YOU the day before. Be better than before, be stronger than yesterday, and be confident in the future you!



This is going to be a great week. And I am so looking forward to it. Keep checking back for my weekly updates on how Les Mills is going and for future tips to keep you on track. If you need any helping prepping for success and getting a meal plan together reach out to me!  Or if you want more information on Les Mills Combat just ask I am here to help. You can send me a facebook message or email me at alyssayourish@gmail.com. I look forward to chatting with you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment