Sunday, June 9, 2013

Dirty Girl Run...Say WhAt!?!?!?!

 
 
Mud, 5k, obstacle course, only girls, not timed, and benefits breast cancer. Yep, this was my first offical 5K run, and before you think I am crazy and asking yourself, "why would you ever want to run & jump in mud." This was by far the best time I ever had. If you ever get the chance and are looking for a fun run to do with your girlfriends-DO THIS!!! It is for a great cause and something different to do.
 
 
 

Team Fitfam
   Our heat time was at 8:30 in the morning. I had no idea what to expect when I arrived. I parked the car and saw all these people. And that is when it hit me I was running my first 5k and I got super nervous. People went all out and really wanted their teams to match. From matching socks, hairbows, tutu's, people even had t-shirts made, funny team names. It is fun, laugh with some friends, test your limits with the obstacles, and just do something different. We had a time of four, probably the smallest team there, but it didn't matter. We had fun and finished the race all together.




 
 
 
The race was at the Fayette County Fairgrounds...perfect place for a mud run. The music was playing, people were around everywhere, and getting really excited to just start. This wasn't your typical 5k run, where you run on a flat surface straight path. There were 12 obstacles to complete placed throughout the course, twists and turns, through the barns, down hills, and back up the hills. The music was blasting through the whole course, people were dancing as they were running and singing. Making the best and enjoying themselves.
 
 
 
 
 
If you are looking for something new to do, this is something I suggest. You run a little, walk a little, go through the obstacle course, and you really see your limits. There were things yesterday, I would have never have imagined doing if I had not stepped out of my comfort zone. I tested my true limits and surprised myself. You had the option at every obstacle to go around, but what is the point?  Why would you want to bypass the course. It is fun, you have to do it all..no matter how challenging or scary it may be. Trust me, there are things I thought about skipping, but I just couldn't I was there, I was going through this and I was finishing it no matter what.
 
 
 
When you finished this race you were covered in mud from head to toe.
 
We did it!!!! Team FitFam looking fabulous!!!!
 
 
 
Our muddy shoes after the race...we donated them. They will be going to a good cause!!!

Check the first 5k off the list. I accomplished it! I feel so much better and so proud for finishing. Never thought I would be able to finish a race or ever think I would do one. But I am so glad I did it and if you have ever thought of doing a 5k yourself, go out and do one. Sign up now and go for it!!! You won't regret it! !  !

No comments:

Post a Comment