Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Reset Your Body

I told you I would give you the good, the bad, & the ugly.  And although I am on only day 3 ....yes day 3. It's best I'm upfront talking about my journey when it happens.

Beachbody Ultimate Reset

These past couple of days have been rough. Mentally rough that is, and I think it's because it is so structured and you do need to follow the plan pretty much to a T. Most beachbody programs you get the program & nutrition guide, but they are just new recipe ideas (you don't have to follow it) From the time I woke up on Sunday I was antsy, I delayed taking my supplements & waited til Eric got up. Then we did and ate breakfast and can you say headache. Not from the supplements or the food, but I really think it's from the no caffeine and I only drink one cup a day, but that's when it hit me...I WAS ADDICTED. 

Tip #1: slowly allow yourself to let go of coffee/pop/etc. 

Sunday I had a headache but did the best I could to tell myself do what you can. Luckily I got all my food prep done Saturday, which meant all I needed to do was grab and eat. 

Tip #2 : prep before hand (it will make your life ten times easier) 
                                     Ultimate Reset Meal

Ultimate Reset Meal



I took a nap when I needed too and drank a ton of water. Water is KEY in this process, so make sure you are constantly drinking it. And I got myself to bed early to get my mind right for day two at work. 

My headache never left...and I didn't take anything because because you really shouldn't . So I just keep chugging  water. And then I would have to take bathroom breaks. But staring at a computer screen all day doesn't help. I was mentally exhausted, my eyes were so heavy. My game plan was to get home, pack lunches, get the furbabies situated and head to bed early. It was raining so no walk for the dog & no chasing birdies for the kitty. As soon as I sat down Dexy and I were zonked. We took a cat nap & I literally went to bed when it was still light out. Right after the first period of the pens game.... 

Tip #3 : listen to your body. Don't fight it, if you feel you need sleep. 



I slept from 8:30ish on and I moved towards the middle because Eric has a habit of falling asleep downstairs, so why not spread out? I woke up here and there. 1. Because Dexter got up a few times in the middle of the night to rub up closer to me, he nudged my face & we fell asleep but he doesn't like to stay in a position for long. And 2. I was getting hot upstairs and no air circulation.

On to day # 3..... Which they say day 3-4 are the hardest and I have to say I woke up with a slight headache, drank water and it was gone. My eyes are starting to hurt but nothing major.
 

**remember everybody is different. Your experience might not be like mine at all. Just because this is happening to me does not mean it will happen to you.**

I am not trying to scare you of this program. I think everyone should experience it once, but I did promise to keep you updated and I will do just that. 

If your reading this and currently on the reset, keep your head up...YOU CAN DO THIS!!! If your curious and have questions about it, email me: alyssayourish@gmail.com I'd love to answer anything and get you started!!!!

Til next time !! 


No comments:

Post a Comment