Tuesday, August 6, 2013


Les Mills Combat Update: Week 8

The last full week of combat has flown by and now we are off to starting Week 9, which is til Thursday and it is time for me to choose another program.

Weekly Schedule:
Monday-Combat 45
Tuesday-Hiit Plyo & Core Attack
Wednesday-Combat 60 LIVE
Thursday-Hiit Power & Inner Warrior
Friday-Combat 45
Saturday-Hiit Plyo & Core Attack

 
This week workout wise went well. I worked out everyday I was scheduled. I really focused on my form and pushing myself just a little bit longer, the extra mile. I decided that I was going to go full force from the beginning with every track. If I needed to go lighter or stop for a water break then I would give myself one, but I know if I want the results I have to go strong. I really focused 100% of my mind on my workouts as well. When I was working out nothing else mattered. I cleared my mind and solely focused for thirty to sixty minutes. You know you push yourself hard when you are dripping sweat from head to toe.
                                                 The aftermath of a Combat Workout
 
Not only am I doing Les Mills Combat, but a couple coaches and myself decide to do a free challenge/accountability group for the month of August called:
Squat Challenge
 
For the whole month of August everyday you do squats and each day you up the number by 5. WOAH baby, let me just tell you. These puppies give me a run for my money it is unbelieveable. We started out at 50 and we are now up to 75. My legs are on fire and they feel like jello. I was walking up the steps today going into work and I literally was moving so very slow because my legs were so sore, but I know it is working and if my challengers are sticking with it so am I! Want a little accountability and just want to have some fun why not? Here are the numbers we will be doing each day up until August 31st...
 

Think you can handle a little squat challenge with us?? If you want to join send me a message on Facebook so we can add you into our accountability group we have! 

Now lets talk about the nutrition part...dun dun dun. Truth: I did not eat 100% clean all week. I had a plan but could not stick to it. I packed my lunch for work every single day, whether it was tuna, salads, a shake etc. Snacks were rice cakes, apples w/coco roasted almonds, or veggies & hummus. So I actually did great during the day... 

And thennnnnnn I would get home from work and I would be starving. I was craving chocolate, cookies, chips, anything I shouldn't have I was thinking about. BLAH! What was wrong with me? I had a healthy dinner though - I was just being a picker. And I would take a bite of something and say to myself, now why did you just do that.

I will tell you why. Because I am human. I slipped up and went against my planning but it happened. Sometimes we make mistakes and we mindless snack while in the kitchen. Am I going to beat myself up over it? Well...no i mean I'm a little disappointed that I let myself do that but you learn for next time.  Because even though I have been kicking butt in my workouts, diet is key.
 You come up with a stricter plan to do better next week. And I intend to do so, I have 4 workouts left with Les Mills and ill be a graduate!

Need help staying on track? Sticking to a plan? Lets chat! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment